About Mayfair Capital
UK Real Estate Fund Manager with c.£1.6bn AUM. Our Property Income Trust for Charities (PITCH), launched in 2004 is our flagship Fund with over 1,300 charities invested in 55 properties as part of a commercial real estate portfolio of over £550m. In 2016 Mayfair Capital was acquired by Swiss Life Asset Managers and as a pan-European business provides access to real estate across UK and mainland Europe.
The Property Income Trust for Charities (PITCH) is a unit trust designed as a pooled property vehicle available to all UK Charities and EU Qualifying Charities. It was established to permit qualifying charities to co-invest in UK property in a manner that is tax efficient for both income and capital. It also has the advantage of allowing properties to be acquired free of Stamp Duty Land Tax.
1. An exempt, unauthorised unit trust for all exempt and registered charities in the UK and qualifying EU Charities
2. An asset base of diversified commercial property throughout the UK
3. Institutional grade assets comprising a mix of income growth and ‘added value’ opportunities
4. Target property lot sizes £5m to £20m
5. Formal ethical and environmental policies adopted in the Fund
6. Conservative and prudent use of borrowings to enhance the distribution yield
7. Property purchases exempt from SDLT
8. No speculative development
9. Monthly entry, quarterly redemption. Monthly distribution of income without deduction of tax
10. Attractive fee basis with a total expense ratio of c0.66% of gross asset value