Founded in 1690, Barclays has been in the business of helping clients achieve their financial goals for more than three centuries.
Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in retail banking, private banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, with an extensive international presence. Throughout our history we have proudly worked with and supported charities with investments and lending.
Our approach to investment has been developed and refined by the team over a number of years and is reflected in our client portfolios.
• The multi-asset class strategy is diversified globally across asset classes, currencies and sectors.
• We follow an active, high conviction approach.
• We seek to deemphasise market timing and instead, we focus on identifying high quality assets that we want to own for the long term, resulting in low turnover.
• We prefer to invest directly into stocks and bonds and maintain control and accountability over portfolio exposures.
• Where possible the team seeks to minimise the use, and therefore associated higher costs, of third-party funds.
• We believe in taking a 'total return' approach rather than investing for income
• We incorporate thorough and robust ESG analysis into our investment due diligence
• We implement ethical screening; our flagship sustainable strategy divests from fossil fuels, tobacco, arms, alcohol, adult entertainment and gambling
• Within our flagship sustainable strategy our investments meet the 10 UN Global Compact Principles and are addressing at least one of the UN Sustainable Development goals.